Vicky, Karen, Bonnie and Nancy got together to start the week of Spinzilla. It was a beautiful day to be outside.
There were a great variety of wonderful projects presented at this months meeting. I hope every one can take inspiration for their next project.
I wanted to let you know that the Medina Spinning and Weaving Guild has joined The National Needlework Association (TNNA), This was so we could register as a team for SPINZILLA. What is SPINZILLA ? This is a competition between spinners during National Spinning and Weaving Week. October 5 to 11.
If you would like to be a member of The Medina Spinning & Weaving Guild Team. Here is what to do:
2. Find our team and enter your information.
3. Pay the fee it is $10. This all goes toward the Needle Arts Mentoring Program
4. Watch for emails from me. I will be trying to set up public spinning venues
5. You may start spinning on October 5, at 12:00:01
a.m. Stop on October 11, at 11:59:59 p.m.
6. Measure your spinning, you only get credit for plying once ([plied yardage] + [plied yardage] x [# of plies]= yardage) Two 100 yard singles plied will earn you 300 yards. Sorry cable yarn where you ply twice does not count twice.
7. Take pictures of your yarn if there are questions you maybe asked to submit your yarn for measurement. Send me the pictures and yardage
I hope our spinners will join me in this National Competition, I am told we are the only guild entered, so if you are members of other guilds please ask them to join our team. Maybe we can have a sub-competition between the guilds.
Weavers stay tuned in I am informed that the organizers are going to try to get a WEAVEZILLA going, maybe next year.
If you have questions please fill out form below.